I'm catching up!
The day after the conference ended, we started our ICC Forensics Society Tournament for 2016.
I didn't expect to relax during the tournament, but it may have been my favorite event I've helped with in the past few months. Because my roles were flexible (I helped guide new students through the tournament rounds), I was able to have actual conversations with students and adults. Yay! Plus, I churned out two vlogs.
A couple highlights in this vlog:
-Mr. Au, one of our team members, grew up in Malaysia. He always gave me advice on new foods to try. We got to visit a restaurant that makes the type of food that was unique to his hometown! That was pretty cool!
-When you don't have time to take the MRT (like metro or amtrak), you get a taxi. We had a lot of interesting, hilarious, and/or informative conversations with our drivers. My favorite question to ask was what foods they recommended. The man in this vlog taught himself English!
-During our tournament showcase, we recognized the first Young Speaker's Guild members for East Asia. John is from Singapore and Eliza is from Malaysia, so we not only recognized people for this position internationally, but in multiple countries.
Enjoy!
:) Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment