No news is good news, right? While I haven't been finding a lot of time to sit down and write blog posts, I have been enjoying my time and learning a lot.
The big thing that happened just over a week ago: our first conference! Our team hosted our very first Communicators for Christ Conference together (called a "sneak-peak", because we go into this first conference knowing we'll need to work out quite a few hiccups and bumps) in Norcross, Georgia. For me, the biggest highlight of the conference was seeing how our team worked together. We all, including the student instructors who joined us for this conference, were very intentional about displaying an attitude of positivity and encouragement...which comes in really helpful when details don't line up and logistics don't run as smoothly as planned. Because we were ready to smile, pick up dropped balls, and watch each other's backs, the Georgia Conference was a really enjoyable time.
Since then, it's just been the intern team at the Training Center. We've gotten to do some fun things as a team--go out for coffee, watch some great movies, go on long walks, crank out three media projects in two days. One of my favorite things, though, has got to be the breakfasts.
The Sunday after we got back from the Georgia Conference, Mister Wendell (our tour manager) made an amazing brunch of blueberry stuffed french toast, and we sat around the table talking about our conference experience and telling stories about how we first found out we were interning. It was a refreshing time of looking back, to yesterday and to five months ago, before we began to polish up our programs for our next conference. Because I like to remember pivotal moments during this adventure, I took a picture of this breakfast.
I didn't get to take a picture of our other brunch, but I sure wish I did. This past Saturday, we (okay, mainly Michelle, Kimberly, Deanna, and Jessica) cooked up a big crepe bar, complete with salted caramel sauce, cream cheese filling, nutella, sauteed mushrooms and spinach, bacon, and cheese.
The brunches were fun, but breakfasts have also served as some of the most meaningful times this week. Two separate mornings, we took breakfast outside to the Oasis (the Training Center terminology for the patio), and read aloud a chapter from Love Does by Bob Goff. Our team will be working our way through this book over tour. Goff is excellent at using funny, engaging, true anecdotes, and then drawing out mind-blowing truth. Among other things, Love Does has prompted discussions about living genuine love, letting our stories shape us and not scar us, and living life to the fullest.
Until next time,
~AnneMarie

No comments:
Post a Comment