Friday, August 28, 2015

On the Thoughtful Side

Hey there!

A few days ago, I wrote this poem to sum up some of where my brain has been lately. I hope you enjoy. :) Please share your thoughts with me in the comments because I'd love to hear them.

Pressing forward, full steam ahead,
The tracks look like a roller-coaster of threads,
It all flys by too fast to take in.
I want to grab hold, I want to explore.
It never stops, there’s always more.
Like flashes of color,
Ribbons of texture,
Glimpses of diamonds,
And hints of herbs,
The ideas flow fast.
They will not stop.
And if they did, what would I be?
Would I be human? 
Would I be me?
The universe beyond the glassy eye,
Is where I live and die:
My living room,
My grocery store,
My ivy league school,
My country road.
Here I go to discover anew,
To interpret and color the lens I peer through.
My greatest joys stored in the main-street gallery,
My sorrows and losses the granite to walk on.
When I close my eyes, they really open.
I don’t see “banana”,
I see “complex”.
I don’t taste dinner,
But inhale epiphany.
But if I dwell too long on the “Who knows?” or “OH MY!”s,
This small brain might explode and die.
So I’ll gather the thought crops,
I’ll welcome them in.
I’ll make my thinker a place they thrive.
Then I’ll lift my windows and let light pour in,
And with new perspective, I’ll explore again.
It won’t all make sense,
I’d regret if it did,
But my life will be fully lived.

I am loving this experience and learning so much! Thank you for keeping up with us here and in your prayers. 
With love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment