I hope you've been enjoying Jessica's vlogs! As you might have picked up from those brief snippets of Training Center life, we've been very busy. My intern team leader once referred to the internship as "life intensified", because we're cramming a year's worth of activity, learning, and growth into half that time. That means these past couple weeks, while they've flown by so fast, also feel like a few months. :)
Amidst rehearsals, programs, saying goodbye to one PREP team and hello to a brand new one, I've been learning quite a bit! One skill I've been exercising is being present in the moment--the choice to, for example, spend a fun evening connecting with my teammates instead of spending time on the computer. Thus...no blog post for a week or two! :)
Here's a progress report, briefly skimming over life as an intern:
- Rehearsals, rehearsals, rehearsals! We're well on our way to developing the presentations we'll be using on our fall tour, and we've gotten several opportunities to present those for guests and other Training Center residents. We've gotten very good at pulling together an hour-long program with a day's notice.
- Tracks! We've all started crafting the labs that our students will participate in during the conferences. I am super happy to be working with my good friend and fellow team member, Bethany, to lead Track Connect. This track is for returning students ages 13-15. It's been great combining our ideas to come up with an epic track. :)
- Fun! Even though we've been getting a lot of stuff done, we've also had time for fun. Every Sunday, we go to a generous neighbor's pool. We also have regular game nights, and time to just chill and talk with each other. I'm reminded of how much I appreciate this grace-filled, encouraging community.
Until next time!
~AnneMarie
No comments:
Post a Comment